These terms and conditions are subject to change. All bookings are subject to the version that is current at the time of the stay. This version valid as of 9th July 2023.
(Please note that the cottages on the driveway and the farmhouse are privately occupied, and not part of the Meadows at Polehanger. Please do not disturb the occupants. Please call us with any queries).
- Thank you for your booking. We look forward to welcoming you to the Meadows at Polehanger and we hope you enjoy your stay. Upon making this booking, you enter into an agreement with Polehanger Farms Ltd and agree to accept the following Terms and Conditions.
- We want you, and all our guests, to have a wonderful stay at the Meadows at Polehanger. We have therefore put together a few terms and conditions, which we ask all guests to follow. Please ensure that all guests/members of your party are aware of them.
- We reserve the right to ask any guests who breach these terms and conditions to leave the premises immediately and without a refund.
- We are required to keep a record of all guests over the age of 16. For British, Irish and Commonwealth guests, we require your full name and nationality. For non- British, Irish or Commonwealth guests, we require your name, address and passport number (or other evidence of identity/nationality). This is to comply with the Immigration (Hotel Records) Order 1972. This information will be kept for 12 months. Please ensure that we have this information before your stay.
- The Meadows at Polehanger accepts bookings from persons over the age of 18 only. The named hirer will be responsible for all party members during their stay and may not pass the booking on to another party without informing us. Under 18s are not permitted to stay in the cabins alone.
- Price includes VAT at the prevailing rates. The minimum stay is 2 nights. On a bank holiday weekend, the minimum stay is 3 nights (Friday to Monday)
- A 50% deposit is taken upon booking if the booking is more than 8 weeks away. If the booking is less than 8 weeks away, we will take payment in full. We use a payment processing gateway called Stripe for all of our bookings.
Booking more than 8 weeks in advance of stay
- If your booking is more than 8 weeks before your stay: once we have received your booking email, we will send you an email with a link to make the initial payment of 50% of the amount payable. Payment must be made within 24 hours of receipt of the payment link, otherwise, the date will no longer be held and you will have to request to re-book that date.
- 8 weeks in advance of your stay, we will send you a further link to pay the remaining amount, plus a security deposit (see below) for £50. If the second payment is not made within 24 hours, your deposit will be retained, and your booking cancelled. (Subject to our cancellation conditions below). So please pay promptly!
Booking less than 8 weeks in advance of stay
- If your booking is in less than 8 weeks away, a link for full payment will be sent in the first instance, including a £50 security deposit (see below), to secure your booking. If this is not paid within 24 hours, the date will be released and you may not be able to book this date. So please pay promptly!
Security deposit – damages/breakages/Cleaning
- We appreciate there will be some wear and tear, but if anything is broken, please let us know as soon as possible so that we can replace it for the next guests. We reserve the right to charge for any damaged or missing items. We will take a £50 security deposit when you make your final payment.
- The £50 security deposit will be refunded onto your card within 5-10 working days after your stay, assuming that there are no damages/breakages/extra cleaning required. If this amount is not sufficient, we reserve the right to charge you more.
- We reserve the right to charge for any additional cleaning necessary following your stay (minimum £20) if the cabin is not left in an acceptable condition.
- You will be held responsible for any damages caused by fire or negligence. Please ensure any candles and fire pits are properly extinguished after use.
- We do not accept any responsibility for stolen property, including in your car, during your stay.
Cancellation/failure to pay
- If you fail to pay the balance of your stay 8 weeks in advance, we will keep your booking deposit. However, we will endeavour to re-let the cabin for the dates that you have booked. If we can do this, we will refund you in full, less a £40 administration charge. If we cannot re-let the cabin, we will keep your booking deposit.
- If you cancel your booking with less than 8 weeks, but more than 4 weeks remaining before your stay (having paid in full), we will refund you 50% of your amount paid only (plus we will refund your £50 security deposit). However, we will endeavour to re-let the cabin for the dates that you have booked. If we can do this, we will refund you in full, less a £40 administration charge.
- If you cancel your booking less than 4 weeks before your stay, we will retain the full amount paid. (We will refund your £50 security deposit) However, we will endeavour to re-let the cabin for the dates that you have booked. If we can do this, we will refund you in full, less a £40 administration charge.
- If we cancel your booking (for reasons other than your breach of our terms and conditions), we will endeavour to move your date. If this is not possible, we will refund you in full.
- Check-in days are Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
- Arrivals are from 4 pm and departures, 10 am (11am on Sundays). This gives us time to thoroughly clean, air and prepare the cabins. If we are ready any earlier, we will let you know by text on the day. You are welcome to park in our car park and explore the surroundings if you arrive any earlier (just let us know so that we know the car is yours!)
- If you are late checking out, you will be charged an additional fee of no less than £70.
- The maximum number of people in the cabins are four adults, or two adults and four children (under 16). We reserve the right to refuse or cancel a booking (with no refund) if any information has been withheld from us about occupancy. Please note that a supplement of £20 per person per night will be charged for more than 3 adults.
- Visitors are not permitted on site without our prior approval. Only those staying in the cabins should be in the Meadows. This includes guests staying in the Meadows at Polehanger having attended a wedding at the Gardens at Polehanger. You are not permitted to have anyone extra stay in the cabin. We reserve the right to ask you to leave without refund if you invite anyone not staying in the cabins on site.
- Under 18s are not permitted to stay overnight in the cabins on their own. They must be accompanied by an adult.
- No campervans, commercial vehicles or caravans are permitted on site. Extra people are not permitted to stay in a tent or sleep in cars.
- We cannot accept dogs. Any guests or visitors found in The Meadows at Polehanger with a dog will be asked to leave.
- The cabins shall not be used by guests for commercial purposes. Guests have the right to occupy the cabins for the time specified on their booking only and have no right to remain in the accommodation.
- Nothing in these Terms will exclude or limit liability for death or serious injury caused by The Meadows at Polehanger’s negligence.
- Any accidents/injuries should be reported to us as soon as possible, and details will be entered into our accident book.
Site rules and guidelines
- We have put a lot of work into making the cabins perfect for our guests. You agree to take good care of the cabin and its contents. Please leave it clean and tidy upon departure.
- Please remove your shoes before you enter the cabin. We have space for wellies under the canopy and a shoe rack inside!
- We have four cabins at the Meadows at Polehanger and ask you to consider your neighbours. Please keep noise to a minimum. Please keep any music to a low level outside the cabins. Amplified music is not permitted at all outside between 10 pm and 7 am.
- You should not act in a way that will cause disturbance or nuisance to other residents. We reserve the right to ask any party to leave (without refund) if there is repeated noise and any request to keep things quiet is ignored.
- Smoking* is not permitted in the cabins. Please smoke outside and make use of the sand buckets for extinguishing cigarettes. Please ensure your cigarettes are properly extinguished and not dropped on the floor anywhere on-site. If the cabins smell of smoke in any way, we reserve the right to charge you for additional cleaning. (* smoking includes all tobacco products, vaping and e-cigarettes).
- Do not move the firepit from it’s slab, this is to protect the grass from damage (doing so will cause loss of deposit, independent of other potential damage or breakages). Firepits/BBQs are to take place in the designated area, not on the decking. Please read our firepit guidance before using them. We reserve the right to restrict firepit use depending on wind conditions and time of year.
- Under no circumstances should wood be harvested from anywhere on-site at Polehanger Farm, including from our woodland or deadwood habitat piles. We provide seasoned firewood for sale and locally produced charcoal should you require it.
- Lost property will be kept for two weeks, and if not claimed, it will be donated to charity. We will send items back but may charge you the cost of doing so.
Hot tubs (where applicable)
- You must read the wood-fired hot tubs guidance in our welcome pack before using the hot tubs and take note of any signage. If you have any further questions, please ask us. Please see our separate rules and guidance for hot tubs. (Available here and in our welcome pack).
- There is strictly no smoking or eating in the hot tubs. Please use the plastic cups provided for drinks in the hot tub. Please inform us if there are any glass breakages near the hot tubs so that we can ensure it is properly cleared up before the next guests stay.
- Hot tubs are not available to guests attending weddings at the Gardens at Polehanger on the night of the wedding and the hot tub will not be filled and you won’t be provided with firewood (you will not be charged for their use).
- The hot tubs must not be used for longer than 5 hours. We will empty them for you each morning. You should not attempt to empty or re-fill the hot tubs. Please do not put any chemicals/soaps/shampoos/bath products in the hot tubs. This could damage the hot tubs, and also prevent us from using the water . If you do not want to use the hot tub for any reason, please let us know and we will not fill it, to save water.
- Our toilets and sinks are connected to a sewage treatment plant – please, please, please, do not under any circumstances flush anything other than toilet paper down the toilet. We have provided a bin for sanitary items, nappies and wipes. Please make use of it.
- Please do not put any oils or fats down the sink/shower or bath. Please do not put any waste fat, grease or cooking oil down the sink in the kitchen. Please only use the kitchen cleaners and washing up liquid provided.
- If you wish to make a complaint, please contact us as soon as possible so that we can try to resolve it. Please contact us on the number provided, or at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please contact us promptly.
- The above conditions must be adhered to. We reserve the right to terminate your stay if any guests display unreasonable behaviour, cause nuisance to other guests or damage to the property.